Drenched in Harley-Davidson® Dark Custom styling, the new Street Rod oozes purpose and attitude. Engineered with the belief that thrill comes not only from what you ride, but how you ride, the Street Rod is designed for riders craving performance and power, while being quick and nimble when navigating city streets. At the top of this bike’s enhancements is a new High Output Revolution X™ 750cc engine, and is matched with sharper chassis geometry and an aggressive riding position.
Inspired by pure Harley-Davidson®quality, additional performance and styling enhancements include:
- Enhanced chassis with improved suspension and greater lean angle for sportier handling
- A flat, drag-style handlebar putting the rider in a fist-forward posture on the bike
- A new seat shape to fit the rider’s contour and seat height raised to 765mm to enhance the rider’s view forward.
- New forged foot controls and aluminium foot pegs situated for a comfortable seating position and also making it easy for riders to get feet down to the ground at stops
- 17-inch front and rear Split 7 Spoke Black Cast Wheels and new Michelin Scorcher 21 radial tyres; Front 120/70 R17 V, Rear 160/60 R17
- Dual 300mm-diameter front disc brakes with ABS
- New colour-matched speed screen, and a short aggressive street fighter-inspired tail
- LED tail lamp and turn signals
With so much jargon being thrown around, it’s time to cut through the nitty gritty and get to its performance on the road.
The Street Rod straight away feels familiar and the weight of the bike is well proportioned and not too top heavy. With a new seat shape and higher seat height than the Street 500, the Street Rod is manageable. The bar-end mirrors are a great feature that are big enough to actually be useful but you do need to check twice before lane-splitting to ensure there’s enough clearance.
The compact size of the Street Rod can be a struggle for those of us that are taller, with very little leg room as a result of the raised foot-pegs but for people of average height, the raised foot-pegs make the bike easy to lean into corners.
The throttle is responsive and the bike revs smoothly without it feeling crazy-fast but still has enough power to easily move you through traffic.
We also have it on good authority that the Street Rod is excellent at wheel stands and the guys have suggested putting it through its paces at the Dirt Drags.
Available in three colour options, Charcoal Denim, Olive Gold and Vivid Black, Street Rod™ pricing starts at $12,995 ride away.
Why not book in for a Test Ride today?